Sunday, November 4, 2012

INSPIRED…revived…thankful!


SO…we’ve been a little MIA in the past week! BUT we are baaaaaaaack! I wanted to shoot a quick little post out to share just how inspired I’ve been lately by words of loved ones that have lifted me up higher than I thought I would ever be. It is truly confirmed that I am meant to help others. In return, I am helping myself!

Last weekend (October 27th and 28th) everyone was out celebrating Halloween. M and I were out as well (sadly not together). I was headed to a party with my fiancé where we would be meeting A LOT of new people. I usually freak out the day before, hours before and on the way there. I stress and stress and stress until I cry, get sick or throw my hands up and refuse to go. Without even realizing, NONE OF THAT HAPPENED! There was pure happiness, excitement and readiness flowing through me.

We headed to the party and had an AMAZING time. On our way home my fiancé grabs my hand and says, “I am so very proud of you!”. Of course I was confused, but turned to him and said “What? Why?” with a little bit of an uncomfortable laugh. He responded with “your anxiety was nonexistent tonight, it wasn’t hard for you to go or stay or talk to new people. I’m proud of you that you’ve improved SO much!”. That little sentence touched me so deeply and reaffirmed that all my hard work has been changing how my anxiety controls my life. SO AWESOME!

I really have worked my ass off to find things to help my anxiety naturally and this was the cherry on time of my hard-work-Sunday! Hehe. It all started when I switched my thinking and told myself I would fight as long as it took to get this stupid anxiety to go away.

That simple comment was enough, but the next affirmation BLEW ME AWAY and makes me feel as though I’ve come full circle.

I received a message last night with the sincerest words. As I was driving my phone beeps and tells me that an old friend (someone who I have not spoken to in five years) had written me. I little confused I, briefly skimmed the message…then PULLED OVER! This message was like nothing I had ever read before from someone I had helped get through a very difficult time.

As you see in my bio, I am a rape survivor/victim/? (not sure what to call it). The bio was probably one of the hardest things I have ever written and almost made me not follow through with this blog. It is something I DON’T TALK ABOUT and something that people don’t bring up because it doesn’t define me. Not a lot of people know and I like it that way, to be perfectly honest.

That being said, the message was related to this. The person who sent me these amazing words was a rape victim as well. I had been there for her from the morning after the incident to through the ups and downs of the emotions she suffered through in the weeks after. I confided in her that I was once in her shoes and that I was willing to help in any way that I could. Honestly, it was a challenge for me as well! Bringing up those raw emotions and feelings that go hand in hand with the experience if HARD, but I sucked it up to help my friend. I never realized I had made helped so much sharing my experience.

Back to the message: This old friend sent me a message about how much I helped her and how thankful she was that I had been there to share my story with her and to help her get through what she needed to get through at that time. AMAZING! She had been and still is the only person I have helped in this area and I am forever grateful for her kind words.

It all really has come FULL CIRCLE! I’ve finally opened up about it and then I receive an affirmation that it was the right thing to do. I cannot even describe the emotions that were shooting through me while reading these words.

So I am revived, recharged and inspired to help others with my story and with the things that have worked for me. Anxiety is a BITCH and I will smash it!

Ready to paint, create and grow!
C

No comments:

Post a Comment